Monday, May 11, 2009

#31 - Young Heart...Run Free

"What would you go back and tell your younger self?"

(2008)

Gabbing on:
Relax, you're going to get really good at a lot of things.
People are going to rely on you and think you are amazing and valuable.
Many people will want to be your lover and you will love some of them that you choose to.
Pay attention to the few people that really like you now, they matter most, not the people you want to like you.
You look beautiful.
You are funny.
You're not like everyone else, that's fantastic! Don't change a thing or stress, people are going to go crazy for you just because of this fact.
Be nice, fair and kind to everyone you meet now, you can't begin to imagine what this will doand mean to your life in a few years.
Please don't follow anyone, they are not as cool as they appear or people think they are.
The pain you are feeling now will make you special and amazing later if you don't let it overwhelm you. Seriously.
Go and do the stuff that amazes you now because you won't have time to come back and do it later because so many other amazing people and stuff are going to need your attention.
Think slowly.
Ignore the word "quickly" and do not apply it to anything you do in your life. If you don't do this it will make whatever you are doing be 'less' than it is.
Be friends with the few people that like you, that's all you will ever need or have at any given point in your life.
Take care of your body.
Be crazy but make sure you can survive it without hurting yourself or someone else.
Try not to do anything that will disrespect who you are and your family.
You're ok. Keep doing what you like to do.
If you think you haven't impressed someone as yet, trust me you will.
Soon someone is going to be willing to do anything for you to love them, don't take this moment for granted.
You're going to love who you are now, a lot better later.

8 comments:

Teresa Silverthorn said...

If we knew all of these things when we were young...who would we be now? Would we age faster?

I've wondered about this, too. Is it necessary to suffer through these questions, in order to receive the answers...?

Good post, Lloyd - thought provoking.

Pollard said...

Good questions TS. I am now wondering what my 85 year old self will be saying to my current 45 year old self? This really excites me.

Teresa Silverthorn said...

My 85 year old self would laugh at me right now...

Pollard said...

Hmmmm...you have me intrigued TS. Why would your elder self, who needs the current you if she is to exist, laugh at you now? Is our perpetual youth (every stage of awareness feels like a stage of youth that we are growing out of) that comedic?

Teresa Silverthorn said...

Because I know myself. And, as the years pass I'm getting more and more aware of what's going on around me. I worry less, fear less, etc. When I'm 85, I'll probably think of all the things I could have done...and laughing at the things I never did. ;)

SLP said...

Personally, I'd pass those comments on to the person I was yesterday, and ask them to remind the person I'll be tomorrow : - )

Great thoughts Lloyd,
I really like this post.

Pollard said...

I hear you TS. What we could have been and done if not for...??? What were we thinking? And we thought we were all that? (smile) I do agree with you.

Pollard said...

SLP, I'm still smiling at your comments. Yeah. Deep and humourous.